Dencorp International can place students at accredited universities and colleges to study a semester abroad or obtain undergraduate and postgraduate degrees all over the country- from New York to California
Fast Facts
Capital: Washington, D.C.
Population: Around 308 Million
Size: Approximately 9.6 Million km2
Time zone: the USA consists of six different time zones
Currency: US Dollar (US $)
Official language: English

Information about Destination-Country
When you travel to the United States, the third largest country in the world, you should be prepared for anything and everything. The country offers so much to be discovered, from the East to the West Coast and everything in between. The USA is not only extremely multicultural, it is also known for its contradictions and diversity. To sum the place up in a few short sentences in virtually impossible. America has it all and the American life style is so diverse that there is bound to be something here for everyone. Studying in the USA may be challenging, but it will definitely broaden your horizon.

The USA is well-known for its prestige and excellent achievement in all areas of scholarly research. More Nobel Prize winners hail from the United States than any other country.

The close relationship between economics and research stimulates and shapes an innovative teaching concept and dynamic learning environment which should not be missed. The US American higher education system is extremely diverse and not regulated by the state. Higher education institutions act autonomously and compete against each other.

Out of approximately 4,200 higher education institutions, 2,500 universities and colleges are privately owned. The quality of the higher education institutions can vary widely in both the quality facilities and teaching.

Higher Education System
Community College offers a two year degree which will not be recognized in Europe. However, transfer credits for courses will be accepted by an undergraduate program at a high quality 4-year university if you have the sufficient requirements. A Community College is a low-cost and popular alternative for freshmen who are seeking to choose a less expensive option where they can gain their general education credit requirements. More than half of all American freshmen start their higher education at a community college.

Colleges offer work-related undergraduate degrees. Generally, the first two years include what is called general education and at some universities it is often possible to start in the second year with a graduation diploma. Colleges are sometimes independent and sometimes part of a larger university. Universities are the only institutions which offer undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD degrees.

Scholarships for the USA
It is widely known that studying in the USA can become very expensive. However, scholarships are a popular and effective way to finance your education. General scholarships are also offered to international students.

Merit Scholarships of Universities: International students are only offered very few spots. Still, even though the chances might be slim it is not altogether impossible to get a scholarship, especially for postgraduate students.

Those who wish to finish a complete undergraduate degree in the USA and wish to apply for a scholarship need to take the SAT or ACT entrance tests. An excellent score will help increase your chances of financial support.

Sports Scholarship: Excellent athletes can apply for sports scholarships at some universities. Applying for a sport’s scholarships will mean finding out all the necessary information early on and getting in contact with the university and trainers. Only a few athletes on each team are financially supported.

Fulbright Scholarships: This scholarship is for students who have already been enrolled for at least one academic year in the United States. As a pre-requisite you must have already studied at least 6 semesters at your home university and give proof of excellent English language skills. Tuition fees and a living cost of up to 30,400 USD are covered. You can apply for the Fulbright scholarships at your international office or the Fulbright Commission in your home country. Deadline is the 2nd of July every year.

For more details regarding scholarships, CONTACT ESC HELP DESK

Studying in the USA requires a student visa (F1-Vsa). The application documents are to be submitted personally at the US Consulate in your home country. A personal interview is part of the application process.

To obtain a student visa for the United States you are required to submit a financial statement as proof of sufficient funds to cover your stay. You can provide this evidence by submitting a declaration of surety or a bank statement. Your personal ESC student advisor will provide the required templates.

Health insurance
Students must be insured throughout the entire duration of their study abroad. You can either be insured in your home country or in the United States. If you are insured at home you must provide a copy of your insurance policy in English.

International students are allowed to work on campus with an F1-Visa. It is possible to work for up to one year in the USA after you have completed your academic degree.

Semester start:
September and January (Semester-System); January, April, September, November (Quarter-System).


The United States universities are pioneers of top quality education and are in the forefront of cutting edge technology. Approximately 3600 institutions in the US provide the world’s best education with an excellent and large variety of programs in both traditional courses as well as professional courses.

The US degree is well sought after and is recognized worldwide. US education provides you with the needed understanding, the right attitude and skills to be effective professionals and leaders in the international, interdependent and diverse society and economy. Your education stay in the US, apart from giving academic excellence, also enhances your independent thinking, cross cultural communication skills and self-confidence.. The academic system provides flexibility to the students by offering not only a variety of programs but also giving an opportunity to design their own majors and programs of study.

Admissions test requirements vary from institution to institution. Most institutions request an English language proficiency test like IELTS or TOEFL. You may need to take other standardised tests, such as GMAT, GRE and SAT, depending on the program you are applying for.

The most common visa for students is the F1 visa that is a non-immigrant visa.

US visa process has been undergoing major changes in their application procedure. It is best to apply at the earliest. Your I-20 form, with your mark sheets, certificates, results from the standardized test should be with you at the time of applying. And most of all you should have financial evidence showing that you have enough funds to pay for your tuition and living expenses for the entire duration you are in the US. Once your paper work is complete there should be no problem in obtaining a visa.

I-20 form is the form received from the University which has accepted your application. I-20 form also mentions the following.

  • Your name
  • Date of Birth
  • Citizenship status
  • Country of birth
  • The degree you wish to pursue
  • Your Major
  • Estimated length of your program
  • Financial expenses that you would incur during your stay.
Don’t Have an Account Create an Account
Check out our podcast for Executive Assistants!

Sign up to receive updates, promotions, and sneak peaks of upcoming products. Plus 20% off your next order.

Promotion nulla vitae elit libero a pharetra augue
Check out our podcast for Executive Assistants!

Sign up to receive updates, promotions, and sneak peaks of upcoming products. Plus 20% off your next order.

Promotion nulla vitae elit libero a pharetra augue